Every golf hole begins at the tee box, which is technically in the middle of the fairway. We all want to stay in the fairway, while obtaining as much distance from our tee shot as possible. However, most people suffer from a lack of consistency off of the tee, resulting in missed fairways and poor position for their second shots. How can you avoid this problem and hit the ball better? Here are three golf driving tips that can keep you in the fairway, yards past your buddies.
1. Any list of golf driving tips has to start with an athletic, balanced starting position. This includes a straight spine, while bending at the waist with good balance and your weight on the balls of your feet. One common mistake is the notion that your stance should be shoulder width apart. This is actually incorrect. Your stance should actually be the outside of your hips, which will provide you with a solid, stable base to generate maximum power.
2. Ben Hogan coined the phrase “Hold the golf club like you would hold a baby bird”. This means you must release tension in your grip in order to allow your hands, wrists and arms to work properly. This is one of the top golf driving tips for the biggest long-drive hitters, who often shake their hands before a swing to “release” any tightness or tension from over gripping the club. Make sure that your swing is tension free and you’ll be in great shape to release the club head and rotate your hands properly at impact.
3. We begin the swing by dragging the club away from the ball, slowly rotating our hips and shoulders around our torso. We begin the downswing by rotating our hips back toward the ball, with our chest and shoulders following suit. One of the most disregarded golf driving tips is the unwinding of the tension in our hips created by the backswing. Many amateurs loose accuracy and distance by coming “over the top” on their downswing by throwing the club at the ball with their upper body instead of rotating their hips and transferring weight to their left side.
These three simple golf driving tips should help you stay in the fairway and hit longer tee shots. The next time you’re on the tee and thinking about your swing, remind yourself of these three keys – balance, loose grip and rotate the hips. You’ll see better drives, lower scores and will be asking yourself, why aren’t all golf driving tips this simple.
- Golf Driving Tips – Hitting the Ball Further and Straighter – The Golf Swing Release – How To Hit The Ball Further And Straighter; Golf Driving Tips – How To Increase And Stop Losing Distance Off The Tee; How Much Difference Should There Be When Hitting A New Golf Ball Than Balls On A Driving …
- Online Golf Driving Tips – tinyurl.com Simple Golf Tips – Lengthen Your Drive and Shave 7 Strokes off your Next Round – Valuable online golf driving tips to help you master the art of how to swing a golf club. Share/Bookmark.
- Golf Driving Tips – Golf Stance Tips – PerformaxGolf.com Golf driving tips from long ball champion Nyle Pruitt. He’s known for consistently hitting drives over 350+ yards, and now he’ll share his gold driving tips with you. C…
- My Golf Driving Tips – The Grip – To hit the golf ball further, you should try out a few of my golf driving tips that I have discovered. You may have been playing golf for a number of years already and if you are not hitting the ball very far, your swing will have to …